The new Digital Thermopile Sensor (TSD) contactless temperature measurement system addresses a full range of critical design and performance demands: accuracy, speed, low power/energy efficiency, and limited space requirements. The TSD sensors include an infrared sensor (thermopile) and a sensor signal conditioner, and can be interfaced to any microcontroller by an I2C interface.
TSD sensors provide a cost-effective alternative to competitor offerings, as well as, analog sensors which require additional components to deliver similar functionality and results. TE Connectivity is a global leader in developing sensor solutions for harsh and complex environments and TSD is an example of our ability to work with clients across a wide range of industries to provide the type of smart, cost-effective solutions they require.
• Smart home
• Mobile devices
• Contactless temperature measurement
• Environmental monitoring
• Industrial process measurement and control
• Motion and occupancy sensing
• NDIR gas sensing
• Measure temperature without physical contact and low current consumption
• Support greater design flexibility with improved EMI resistance and the need for fewer components like low offset/low noise amplifier and associated filters
• Fit into limited spaces with a small, TO5 package
• Streamline integration with an I2C interface
• Deliver high accuracy ±1°C at temperature ranges from 10°C to +85°C with a factory calibrated sensor
• Help eliminate problems with dust, dirt, and debris with a sealed sensor housing
• Enable accurate measurement with 10° or 88° field of view options
• Deliver superior price to performance while delivering the same measurements
Questions to Ask During Design-In
• What is the operating temperature range of the application?
• Does your end application necessitate contactless temperature measurement?
• Would your design benefit from temperature sensors that operate at low power and saves space?
For more information please contact Gyula Wendler:
Manager: Wireless Department
+27 (0) 11 923 9709
+27 (0) 83 252 1987