Analog Devices is committed to designing, developing and delivering the most innovative signal processing solutions to the Aerospace and Defence Industry. ADI’s extensive product portfolio of high-performance products and system level solutions and decades of system level knowledge make for a perfect combination that makes ADI a trusted and valued design partner to many domestic and international OEMs.
ADI focuses efforts towards defence, avionics and aerospace with parts certified to the Aerospace Qualified Electronic Component (AQEC) standard which defines the minimum set of requirements provided by the manufacturer that will allow a COTS component to be designated by AQEC (GEIA-STD-0002-1).
These parts also have an associated V62 VID (vendor item drawing) under the DLA (Defence Logistics Agency) and can be located under the Mil Specs search engine.
Today’s advanced defence systems in radar, communications, avionics, defence electronics and much more demand the best in system level performance and security. Here are some solutions to keep in mind when working on an aerospace and defence solution:
The ADAR2001: 10 GHz to 40 GHz, 1:4 Channel, 4× Frequency Multiplier/Filter.
- 4-channel frequency multiplier (4×) with programmable harmonic filters and independently controllable differential outputs
- Output frequency range 10 GHz to 40 GHz (input frequency range 2.5 GHz to 10 GHz)
- On-chip programmable state machines for fast multiplier/filter and output switching and control
- Highly integrated in convenient 40-lead LGA package (6 mm × 6 mm)
The ADAR2004: 10 GHz to 40 GHz, 1:4 Channel, 4× Frequency Multiplier/Filter.
- 4-channel LNA, mixer, and IF VGA (includes LO multiplier (4×) with programmable harmonic filter)
- RF input frequency range 10 GHz to 40 GHz (IF output frequency range dc to 800 MHz)
- On-chip programmable state machines for fast multiplier/filter and receiver switching and control
- Highly integrated in a convenient 48-lead LGA package (7 mm × 7 mm)
The AD9083: 12-Bit, 16-Channel, Low Power Sigma-Delta ADC
- Capable of digitizing up to 125 MHz of bandwidth at a sample rate up to 2 GSPS with power consumption as low as 35 mW/channel.
- Integrated digital signal processing removes requirement of FPGA processing and power for quadrature error correction, decimation, and extraction of band of interest.
- On-chip PLL for ADC/SERDES clock generation and multichip synchronization
- The configurable JESD204B interface allows for significant data reduction to lower FPGA cost
As well as the ADRV9002: Cognitive SDR Dual RF Transceiver
- Operation from 30 MHz to 6 GHz, radio signal bandwidths 12 kHz to 40 MHz
- Highest performance RF-to-digital transceiver offers best-in-class dynamic range and radio sensitivity, with receiver dynamic range 150 dB/Hz
- Incorporates advanced digital system features: DPD, frequency hopping, AGC, monitor mode, profile switching
- Incorporates advanced radio impairment algorithms; LO leakage, dc offset, HD2 correction, QEC correction
All the listed solutions can be used in various applications, which include:
- mmWave imaging (security, medical, industrial)
- Wideband local oscillator (LO) multiplier/distributor
- Multichannel receivers
- Phased array systems, including radar
- Multichannel software-defined radio
- High density receivers
- Mission critical communications
- Designed for networking and portable battery equipment
- Flexible, agile, TDD and FDD capable
- Covers VHF, UHF, ISM, and cellular bands up to 6 GHz
Just as ADI stands ready to provide the technical support and products needed to make your next design a success, Altron Arrow is here to help you find the perfect solution for your application. Speak to Conrad Coetzee on email@example.com for more information and orders.